davidarchieThis is Bentley. How does she look with my glasses? 😉
Some of you may have noticed that I took a few weeks off from social media. 😬 It was extremely helpful and allowed me to get a better understanding of myself and where I am at in life.
It’s so easy to get caught up in thinking about whether every moment in my life would be pleasing to everyone. Sometimes I get caught up to see if I am having enough interesting moments and witty remarks that will catch enough attention from people. I start rating my self-worth and how good my life is based on if someone chooses to look at my picture and like it or not who after 1 1/2 seconds most likely moves onto thinking about something else and looking at other photos and comments. I feel like I get caught up and obsessed with seeing if they approve or not the moment with comments and believe their comments and likes suddenly determine whether my life is great or not for where I am or what I am doing in the photo. It interferes with me being in the moment and enjoying where I’m at both physically and with my mindset, because I feel like I have to keep finding moments that will get enough people to look and “like.”
I may try to take more time without the temptation of social media and seeing how many likes I can get from a thought, picture, or video, and I would encourage you all to do the same and see what things you can learn about yourself that you may have forgotten while trying to get others’ approval. I will make sure to post more though and find the balance of sharing without caring too much. Haha. I guess it is a pull and tug that we all face throughout our lifetimes—not worrying what others think about us and letting that form our identity while having the courage to share what we learn and who we are.
Know that a new song will be coming out in just a short time, and I’m so excited to share it with you! I will keep you all posted. 👍🏼 #dog #time#socialmediabreak
SOME COMMENTS FROM SOCIAL MEDIA:
- itsallbs2013You are so on the very best path to not only self awareness but also self preservation. Too often we get caught up in situations that may or may not be beyond our control but manage to overpower us in some profound way. Learning not only to recognize this which is often not easy or simple and to apply it whenever the same situations start happening again (and they will) if a true testament to growing and changing in faith and self discovery
- fereshte1967I always knew you are a special person. Now that I have read this wise caption, my respect and love for you have grown. God bless you and good luck. Can’t wait to hear your new song. I did love Numb. Thank you. 👍👌
- omarmedrano@davidarchie You can never disappoint us, man! Excited for your new music! 😁😁😁😁🎶🎶🎶🎶
- hanashiki_mikoIt’s okay, good luck for you 💪👍
- anisafernawatiI miss youuuuuu 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 @davidarchie
- ajtheweirdestHihihihihi..😆😆😆 Hin Bentley
- santoscolleencomagdangHi @davidarchie ! 😊
- cydmcbI always “like” you!!!!!!
- scottmswSo cute🐶😎
- michellesiebert17Oh and @davidarchie don’t worry, social media is just for fun. It doesn’t define you 😊❤
- debbiefooteazWe would ALL do well to follow your lead. Whether you’re 10 or 80, each of us deal with these same struggles if social media is part of our lives. You just feel it on a much larger scale than most of us. Your challenge is REAL! HAPPINESS is ALL ABOUT KEEPING A BALANCE IN OUR LIVES, and at the center…Never forgetting the “SOURCE” of TRUE, LASTING PEACE &
- debbiefooteazHAPPINESS…HE is the source. Wouldnt it be Amazing if our Heavenly Father or Savior were one of our followers on Social Media!? We would INSTANTLY know what they thought of us by their 😊😄😢😠!! I just hate when I accidently hit Send before I’m done😄 Don’t give in to that temptation to let Social Media define you and keep reminding each of your followers to do the same😊❤
- vuzmeongMiss u 😢
- vuzmeongGood luck 😍
- oursweetangel2I wish I had more Courage to not worry what people think of me 💝 Writing to you & sharing pictures/quotes & fun things I find with You brings me Joy because I can just be Me 😇💕 I’m not sure if You’ll see my tweets, but it fills with my heart with Encouragement when I hold onto Hope & have Faith that anything is Possible 💝 I understand what You mean completely because taking time for Yourself to listen to the Spirit & Cherish Little Moments with Your Family is the most Precious Gift 😇💝 I will always believe in You! 🌻 Please don’t worry💕 We Love You so much & will always Support You 😇 My Mom & I say Little Prayers for You Heavenly Father will always be by your side each day 💝 You will always be the most Special Blessing in my Heart 😇💕🌻
- osnapitzkik_jdrBently Is So Cute, But Good For You @davidarchie taking a #socialmediabreak like @selenagomez, Looking Forward For Your New Music, God Bless You 🙂
BESIDES BEING AN ARTISTE EXTRAORDINNAIRE,
WE CAN ALSO SAY:
WHAT A LOVELY, LOVELY PERSON DAVID ARCHULETA IS!!
to have posted such a message to his fans
knowing that everyone is going crazy waiting for his music
WILL WAIT FOR YOU FOREVER, DAVID!
TAKE YOUR TIME!!
(pppsss.. but not too long .. 😉 😉 )