David to headline the BYU Spectacular October 8 and 9!
Yes, that’s the gist of the news release from the Brigham Young University, not yet confirmed by David’s OS but buzz-worthy enough for the Archies!
We are excited because of various reasons –
– he is getting back into a pattern of Live performances.
– he is probably directing his audienceship to younger people his age, which I think, is a good thing in the long run. Hey, the student body is about 30,000 and the Marriott Centre has a seating capacity of 19,000, no small deal! 🙂
– he has not lost his interest in performing Live; that he is using his homeground to “practise” (no discourtesy meant to his home state 🙂 ) and regain his confidence.
– he is keeping our hope alive, that he will soon be ready to move outside Utah to gradually and surely cover further venues in other parts of the US … other countries … other continents … like Asia??? 😉
– and of course in the meantime, we look forward to some videos of this Spectacular! 🙂
“We’ve already sold over 1,500 tickets just in the first few hours,” said Robert Sullivan, director of ticketing, marketing and communications for the event.
“There’s been a really positive response, and we’re anticipating a big crowd for both performances, “We’re really thrilled that people are so excited about it.”