BEGIN – It must be the most beautiful word today and for a long time to come.
BROKEN – A co-rival for the utter beauty that has been bestowed upon us by David.
Tender yet passionate…
Sensuous but strong…
Haunting and beautiful…
That glorious voice…
How many acclamations do we need?
All of us have been racking our brains as to the reason for the usage of that word BEGIN for this album. So have I. But, heck, after listening to the precious Snippets, I could not care less anymore what it means.
What I hear are dead-serious promises to take us, not only afflutter to the heights of delirium, but to the the pits of our most tortured souls.
I want to scale the highest mountain and scream at the top of my voice:
“David, Begin! And Don’t Let It End!”
I have a huge concern however, which I really need to put into words.
Let’s pause for awhile and think:
Is it fair to David?
Are we ourselves not already the resultant recipients of the joy from his music?
Are we not the Combine Harvester which, by 1 flicking click of our finger, reaps in everything that is David’s hard labour of love?
Do we have to steal from him too the $ that’s rightfully his?
If we love him and care about his future as an artist, we would not, and should not, illegally download the album.
Let’s look at his real world this way:
– David needs $ to pay people like Kurt Bestor (above).
– David needs $ to buy air-tickets to fly to concert venues as far as Malaysia in the future.
– David needs $ to hire buses/coaches/vans to get to the concert halls around the US when he returns.
– David needs $ to stay alive.
– David needs $ to eat food that nourishes his vocal cords everyday.
– David needs $ to eat food that nourishes his music- producing brain cells everyday.
– David needs $ to maybe take good and rather expensive supplementary vitamins everyday to de-stress from the likes of us.
– David needs $ to buy a multitude of tees and more (definitely) skin-tight jeans (perhaps now a multitude of suits)
– David needs $ to buy new shoes for prancing purposes especially during concert tours.
– David needs $ to employ many, many people to help him give us beautiful music, like guitarists, keyboardists, drummers, violinists, cellists, pianists, concert hall owners, producers etc etc etc
– And surely David needs $ for a little pocket money to pay for bus fares and taxi fares… that sort of thing…
– David needs to feel gratified, that we care about the successful running of his music business.
– David needs to upgrade his financial status to feel good about himself, just like everyone of us.
– David needs us to give him the happiness and financial support he deserves. Make him happy as he has made us happy.
So, if we are geared with all that understanding, we are ready…
Then we can say:
Bring it on…
Let BEGIN begin!!