This is not a definitive list of course. Our resident Mr Good Manners seems to have a bottomless pit of exemplary behavioral traits that will warm the hearts of many a mother but the following list is a good guide for those who find it challenging to be respectful and decent. Let the Archuleta be a good moral compass with which we can all follow:
1) When faced with praises and good wishes – for the umpteenth time – always smile, blush and humbly utter “Aww…thanks so much!”
2) Always thank the cleaning lady for keeping the public washrooms clean.
3) Remember to assist your own mother in getting on stage.
4) Never use harsher words than “Dang it!” when expressing extreme frustration.
5) Use a sharpie and edit out any overly exposed thighs in a picture.
6) Worry about how people are going to park their cars when they attend your homecoming.
7) Write an Encyclopedia Britannica’s worth of “Thank yous” in the liner sleeve of your debut album.
8) An Archuleta truism: “I always keep my underwear to myself and girls should do the same!”
9) Be the living example of the adage “Modest is Hottest!”
10) Always be humble. To the point that you hate your own looks, voice, hair etc.
11) Be so gosh darn adorable even while asleep on a plane. Bet he drools adorably too!
11) Wear dorky glasses and still look ridiculously cute!
12) Do not be averse to climbing over others on the way to the top 😉
13) And on a hot day drink ‘Perfect’ water!
14) Do not, I repeat do not hold hands, hug or touch any person(s) outside of your own family.
15) Always make sure your underpants are securely hidden from sight by incessantly tugging your shirt down.
*p/s: the last two ‘must-do’ is from Trace 🙂