Melodies of Christmas!
What Child Is This
The First Noel
O Holy Night
HYAMLC (David & Lupe)
Riu Riu Chewbacca
Prayer of the Children
Fields of Gold
From Gengen’s twitpic
Lol, David stopped to tie his shoe laces on stage.
Extract below. Click The Salt Lake Tribune with David Burger for more.
Whether singing in English, Latin (as on “Ave Maria”) or French (as on Bestor’s galloping arrangement of “Pat-a-Pan”), Archuleta showed not only a command of the material but an ability to connect with the audience with self-deprecating humor and sheepish but endearing half-waves to the crowd, which nearly sold out the symphony hall.
What was most impressive about the concert was that Archuleta and his team relied not on slick, overly produced Christmas music that would dull the experience, but on a real string section and a lean, stripped-down soft-rock sound that shows an authenticity to the teen, who is turning into a man in front of our eyes.
Not many updates about VIP meet. Also, this …..ShelleyFOD: “David doesn’t want us to say what he sang at VIP!”
But someone did tweet the 2 songs David sang at VIP meet.
1. He sang ALTNOY instead of My Hands
2. He played piano for THE RIDDLE
3. He put on a suit & tie from MOC onwards!! So smart looking.
4. Mommy Lupe dueted with him for HYAMLC – she was emotional and teary at the end of song! She’s probably on for Utah stops only?
5. For Ave Maria, the talented Mr. Kurt Bestor played the piano and David had the Children Choir for backups. Most were sitting down because @JohnAF tweeted: “When U see the vids, U will see the sincerity & reverence in David’s face. That’s why we are sitting.”
6. LOL @ Riu Riu Chewbacca! May the force be with you.
7. Screams and applause after SN. Encore was OHN – at the end, it was NOISY!!!!