This is an amazing picture of David in concert ( not sure which Jingle Ball show though ). But it’s a dynamic take on the Archuleta emotional power punch on stage. So rock-starish; the clenched fist, stand apart legs, hitting a sustained note and shot from an angle that makes him look ten feet tall. It reminds me so much of the finale night when he gave that unforgettable and emotional performance of DLTSGDOM. The quintessential image of an artist in full throttle on stage. This is the David I’ve always imagined he would be in concert; power, dynamism, compelling, magnetic and connecting with the crowd on a visual as well as visceral level. It’s such a stark contrast to his usual shy awkward self and the teeny bopper image that some want to limit him to that it’s like yin and yang. This picture speaks of the smoldering artist within reaching out to the crowd with an intense, potent assertion that’s frankly mesmerizing. The potential for an electric display of on stage performing skills leaves me breathless with anticipation for the day he ever makes it to our shores for a concert.
The announcements in the picture alludes to a contest that a member of Snarky Archies has set up that awards the winner a package of air tickets plus concert tickets to David’s show in Chicago. Needless to say we in Malaysia are not eligible for it 🙂 But we can try our hand on the quiz that’s used to decide the winner so all you guys and especially Kylie can test your David Archuleta trivia knowledge 😉 Again the quiz is courtesy of the folks over at Snarky’s. Here goes:
1. What did Kat Slatery’s sticky note say in the Crush music video?
2. What songs did David write with Mike Krompass?
3. What’s the connection between ALTNOY and One Step at a Time?
4. When is Claudia Archuleta’s birthday?
5. Who did David name when asked to name a celeb that shared his birthday?
6. In which city did David go running and kayaking with Jason?
7. Has David ever gone to fan sites?
8. Does David like orange juice?
9. How did David find out about his Hot 100 debut?
10. OHMYGOSH – who?
11. When did David write Falling?
12. Which concert was David given a poster asking him to dinner?
13. Where does David like to take his dates?
14. David Archuleta and David Cook – according to their MySpaces, who’s older and by how much?
15. David Archuleta and David Cook – according to real life, who’s older and by how much?
16. Who gave David a love poke in a Jingle Ball/Jam video?
17. Where did David stay in LA while recording his album?
18. What instrument(s) does David play?
19. Where did David go for his 18th birthday?
20. Rank the Archuleta children from youngest to oldest.
21. Why doesn’t David wear the diamond bracelet Paula gave him?
22. What food does David’s grandma make that he really doesn’t like?
23. What movie did David see with his mom when he was in New York for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade?
24. What concert did David see with Jason Castro?
25. What’s the name of the latest song Daniel Archuleta wrote?