Why do you still keep on listening to David Archuleta?
– Why not?
Seriously, why? Is he that good?
– Yes, he is that good.
You can’t let go?
– Why let go? He is that good.
I think you are insane and ridiculous.
– Ask me a smart question then.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
– Cos it wanted to get to the other side.
– Thank you. Smart question.
A smart woman like you listening to him day in and day out and waiting for him like forever? I just don’t understand it.
– Just like you don’t understand why the chicken crossed the road.
I mean, just look at your collection …David Archuleta…David Archuleta…David Archuleta … Not bored meh?
– How can you ignore and get bored with a voice that tugs and pulls at your heart?
No rappin’…no autotune…no enhancements…no squealing…
– Aah that’s why.
I think you are just blown away by his cute baby face.
– That too.
And you want to ruffle his hair.
And rub his 6-pack.
But he is so tiny.
– Says who?! What’s that got to do with it?! He is near perfect! He is wonderful! Best things come in small packages. Small body – Big Heart!
Aiya, who cares about heart! You can’t see it.
– But I can feel it. And I can hear it.
Nah, he needs to have a make-over.
– And you, my friend, needs a think-over.
He can be your son, y’know.
– Or my great-grandson…what’s the problem?
He abandoned you, didn’t he?
– It’s not like that.
And he broke your heart.
– He’ll be back. I’m sure of that.
Why did he leave you?
– Because there is Someone much Greater and much Higher than I.
When he comes back, he’ll have no fans left, y’know.
– You’d be surprised.
I just don’t understand you and your friends – just waitin’…waitin’…
– If you had not reached out to him and let him touch your heart, you wouldn’t grasp his true beauty or understand delicate matters of the heart. A person of strength and tenacity is able to muster a great deal of patience and endurance for a very long time to wait for something or someone who is worth waiting for.
Wah, long speech. So intense! Must be serious.
– You bet!
I’ll never get it.
– It’s your loss. You have my sympathies.
If I, I chabut already.
– Byebye then…be gone…fare thee well…
Come, let me take you shopping to go buy some new and really cool cd’s on happy rappin’ and groovin’. They’ll cure you of these Oppressive Dumb Doldrums!
– Ai hello, there is no cure ok? And if there is, I don’t want it. Leave me alone. Go away. I’m Happpyyyyyy……Duh!!
Yes we are happy. Happy for what David had given us. Happy to wait. And Happy in anticipation.
Is that being Dumb? Who is the Dumber? I don’t know. All I know is, these are some of the Dumb debates I’ve had to face often – like, I am obliged to give the world an explanation in order to affirm my social standing as a credibly sane person, as to why I like David. Why must I explain? Why do I have to defend myself? Why do I need to justify my good taste? Ggrrr…
Have you guys had to defend yourselves too and go through some Dumb debates?